Southwest Georgia Farm Credit, a progressive agricultural lending institution, that is part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, is currently seeking a Loan Administrator in its Americus office. The primary responsibility of the Loan Administrator is to maintain adequate oversight of all loan closing activities at the assigned Branch. This includes performing all phases of loan closing activity for the assigned Branch, from the initial preparation and gathering of closing documentation, through the final stages.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of credit policies, procedures and legal matters to ensure loan closing process and documentation is generated to satisfy all legal and Association policy and procedural requirements.
- Coordinates, analyzes and prepares accounts for closing, including loans to new members, loans to existing members and loans servicings (re-pricing, partial releases, maturity changes, etc.), meeting all necessary legal/credit requirements and satisfactory credit administration.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of consumer compliance regulations associated with loan closings.
- Ensures loan closing is handled in a timely, professional, and legal manner. This includes assisting the Customer with their understanding of the loan package and any conditions for closing contained within the approved loan package. This also includes coordinating with the underwriters to ensure all conditions properly identified and met prior to loan closing.
- Ensures the necessary checks and balances are met following loan closing. This includes verification of the accounting system for data accuracy, as well as verification of documentation through the necessary attorneys and other sources used during the closing process.
- Maintains a complete and thorough understanding of the Association’s software/technology that applies to loan closings. This includes, but not limited to: Credit Delivery, Outlook, Excel, Word and Access, server utilization, ELF, AgDocs, Internet and any other software/technology that may be purchased in the future by the Association.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Five years of related loan administrative work experience with at least two years in a customer service-related field.
- Strong analysis, judgment, and communications (oral & written) skills.
- Ability to work independently, to be assertive and decisive in arriving at sound business decisions which serve the best interest of the borrowers and ACA.
- Proficient in technology.
- Must have demonstrated aptitude in dealing effectively with the public.
- Travel to/from all branch offices as deemed necessary.
Southwest Georgia Farm Credit offers competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package which includes 401(k) with employer matching; medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; life and disability insurance, and more.