AgFirst Farm Credit Bank is seeking a Managing Director of Capital Markets. This strategic business unit leader will be responsible for managing the Capital Markets department, with accountability for business unit performance and managing relationships with District and System partners and external counter party relationships. The Managing Director will be responsible for setting and meeting growth objectives while maintaining an appropriate level of portfolio risk. This position will serve as a senior member of the Bank’s Loan Committee, recommending the purchase, sub-participation and servicing of loan assets in partnership with other System entities. The Managing Director will have accountability for the team’s organizational effectiveness, strategic design, staffing, customer relationships and delivery.
Who is AgFirst?
AgFirst is a wholesale funding bank serving a large east coast Federated Lending Cooperative and maintains strategic Lending relationships nationwide. As a $32 Billion Bank, we are the largest financial institution headquartered in South Carolina.
AgFirst is a part of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of borrower-owned lending institutions and specialized service organizations. The Farm Credit System provides loans, leases, and related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, aquatic producers, timber harvesters, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural utility cooperatives and has more than $330 billion in assets and over 12,000 employees.
What would I be doing?
- Responsible for growing and developing the Bank’s multi-Billion Capital Markets portfolio.
- Maintain and develop relationships with financial partners, internal and external industry contacts that provide and enhance access to Capital Market opportunities.
- Creating and executing department strategies in support of short and long-term operating objectives and business plan.
- Provide guidance and counsel to Association and Bank lending staff on loan structuring, pricing, and competitive market conditions.
- Serve as a member of Loan Committee and other committees as deemed appropriate.
- Arrange syndication, participation, and other multi-lender or pool transactions as a fee based service for member associations of AgFirst.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Capital Markets officers.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, agricultural economics or comparable field
- 10+ years of experience in multi-lender transactions and a structuring of debt deals for corporate clients
- Proven leadership and management experience, having led and developed a team of professionals
- Exceptional analytical, credit, lending and loan pricing skills
- Excellent relationship-building, sales and negotiation skills
- In depth knowledge of the credit & syndication markets and competition
- Superior communication skills, including clear written, verbal and presentation skills
- A collaborative leadership approach and a passion for the cooperative principles
- Ability to travel up to 40%
What are the benefits of working here?
- High visibility with Bank, Board, District and System Leadership
- A great culture and an outstanding team
- Comprehensive benefits
Why would I want to work here?
At AgFirst, you would be part of one of the nation’s strongest and most respected financial institutions. Through your work, you are contributing to feeding, clothing and fueling the world by supporting agriculture and rural America.
NOTE ON THE SELECTION PROCESS
As a part of the selection process, AgFirst will be working with FCC Services to facilitate the selection process. Leading the process is Jay Lux, Vice President of Organizational Effectiveness Consulting at FCC Services and Nicole Sullivan, Senior Organizational Effectiveness Consultant.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
AgFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.