GreenStone Farm Credit Services is over an $10 billion financial services institution with over 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
We are looking for a Marketing and Writing Intern with strong communication skills and a talent for engaging writing to intern in our East Lansing corporate headquarters. The Internship will become a key partner in the Marketing and Public relations team, running from May 10th, 2021 to August 27th, 2021. Some travel will be required.
- Assist the Marketing and Public Relations Department in developing and contributing to the public relations and marketing plans for both internal and external audiences
- Develop a wide range of content for GreenStone’s owned media channels (social media, blog, website, intranet, publications, etc.) – conduct interviews, write feature articles, produce short and long-form blogs, record v-logs, take photos, etc.
- Support social media engagement, content, and monitoring
- Conduct market research and trend analysis
- Interact as necessary with staff, customers, and community partners to identify and tell the GreenStone story
- Support department efforts as needed
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Agribusiness, or related field.
- Sophomore status or above
- Excellent written communication skills, with ability to engage readers in story-telling manner
- Strong grammar and editing skills, including AP style knowledge
- Social media knowledge, platform experience on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Comfort with interviewing for story content
- Detailed innovator with time management proficiencies, problem solving skills, creative and strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a 3.00 GPA or higher