The Network Administrator will be responsible for helping to maintain and administer the company's computer network. Primary duties include the design and execution of system lifecycle management of network solutions; performing disaster recovery operations; and hardening networking systems to provide incident resilience for data, software, and hardware. An emphasis will be customer engagement in network design and the identification and remediation of customer-facing network issues.
A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware and the ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and end-user devices. Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
- Implementing and administering computer networks and systems including routers, firewalls, VPN’s, software, and other physical hardware. (30%)
- Responding to customer support requests and proactively troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems. (30%)
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures in cooperation with the Senior Network Administrator and Security Administrator. (10%)
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for computer systems and networks (5%)
- Communicating networking issues to other employees and management, especially in training new users (5%)
- Create and maintain documentation including: network diagrams, incident reports, audit remediation and run books. (5%)
- Participating in the management of domain name, DNS, and security certificates (5%)
- Performing disaster recovery operations and configuration backups when required. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, systems engineering or network administration. An equivalent amount of related experience may be substituted for this academic background.
- Relevant certifications are beneficial including: CISSP, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Palo Alto certifications.
- At least 5 years’ experience in information services, with demonstrated knowledge in network infrastructure and network hardware.
- 4 or more years of experience with: Switching and Routing, Firewall Support and Troubleshooting, Wireless Networking, Intrusion prevention.
- Familiarity with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, and packet captures.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Skills in oral, written and interpersonal communications; project management; systems design; and networking administration.
- Ability to research and prepare technical reports; develop short and long-range plans; demonstrate a high level of integrity and ethics in maintaining confidential information.
- Regular attendance is required on this job, with the ability to work a full 8 hour day. At-home on call activity may be required.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
Miscellaneous personal hand tools, volt/ohm meter, miscellaneous test equipment, telephone, fax, copier, personal computer and software, calculator, policy and procedure manuals, software and equipment manuals, vendor manuals and periodicals.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Analyzing, calculating, comparing, consulting, coordinating, designing, documenting, editing, evaluating, implementing, interpreting, managing, organizing, planning, presenting, reading, specifying.
Adjusting, climbing, connecting, crawling, crouching, feeling, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, operating, pulling, pushing, reaching, reading, standing, stooping, talking, walking, writing, repetitive motions.
In addition to applying through this site, please follow this link to complete the application process: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/CA2F22
Notice: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, express or implied, and should not be construed as such. Employment by the company is “at will,” not for a definite term.