DATE: November 7, 2019
POSITION: Portfolio Analyst
LOCATION: Cullman, Alabama
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 - $100,000: Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
REPORTS TO: Portfolio Manager
Alabama Farm Credit stands strong as an $895 million enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. A career at Alabama Farm Credit can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. The institution is headquartered in Cullman, AL with five offices that serve the northern twenty-seven (27) counties of Alabama.
- The Portfolio Analyst is responsible for performing risk analysis studies including portfolio monitoring tools as well as complete loan portfolio stress-testing to ensure maximum protection of Association assets and to maintain compliance with all applicable FCA regulations.
- Uses Access, Excel, and MicroStrategy to complete portfolio analysis and build reports for senior management.
- Provides data analysis and evaluation regarding credit risk while working toward the goal of identifying the appropriate credit risk for the institution and help determine the possible credit loss and profitability for the portfolio.
- Identify, research, analyze, and report on economic, industry and market conditions, trends and events affecting the Association’s members and other counterparties for use in risk management.
- Develop, gain management concurrence for, implement and maintain a comprehensive credit risk measurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Agricultural Economics, Finance, or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in performing complex data analysis for a lending institution. Strong experience using Excel and Access to handle data is required; experience with MicroStrategy is desired. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• An outstanding company-wide incentive program
• Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
• 12 paid holidays
• 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
• Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
• Employer paid life insurance and disability
• Tuition reimbursement
• Up to $800/year wellness reimbursement
• Company paid clothing allowance
APPLY OR REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to:
Alabama Farm Credit, ACA
Attn: Brandi Jones
P. O. Box 639
Cullman, AL 35056-0639
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.