At Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica), in everything we do, we work to become agriculture’s most valued financial partner. As a Program Manager – Young, Beginning, and Small (YBS), you will be primarily responsible for driving and coordinating the strategy to serve young, beginning, and small (YBS) producers from business planning and reporting through product development and process improvement.
In this role you will work cross-functionally to outline strategic performance indicators, design growth strategies, and develop consistent processes across our five-state area. The YBS Program Manager is also the internal resource on federal and state programs for YBS producers, monitoring changes that may impact producers and the organization while recommending program changes needed to achieve our vision.
Farm Credit Services of America is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
- Program Management:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify growth strategies for the YBS portfolio, communicating with sales leaders and developing plans.
- Maintain awareness of industry competitors and YBS trends and activities within the territory.
- Monitor industry and regulatory changes and their impact on the Association’s YBS programs, and coordinate updates to programs as needed.
- Coordinate cohort-based learning for sales teammates serving YBS producers, to ensure program consistency.
- Facilitate enhancements to the Development Fund and AgStart programs.
- Communicate internally to increase teammates’ awareness of YBS products and services.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports for the boards of directors, executive leadership, sales teams, and others as requested.
- Develop dashboard reports (e.g Salesforce pipeline, market share, credit quality, product use, etc.).
- Review qualification criteria, product utilization, credit quality, and sales activity for YBS-specific programs, recommending and implementing changes for continual improvement and growth.
- Facilitate product development and innovation, leading centralized functions (e.g. credit manual updates, credit committee approvals) and facilitating customer discovery processes.
- Ensure YBS program compliance with Association standards, policies, and best practices.
- Customer Education:
- Identify opportunities to support the development of YBS producers’ financial management capabilities.
- Support the piloting and scaling of educational programs, focused on increasing producers’ financial and business acumen.
- Promote educational programs to help producers understand and articulate the financials of their business.
- Strategic Relationship Development:
- Engage with a variety of influencers who are involved directly or indirectly with YBS producers, including land grant universities and extension programs, 4-H, FFA, producer organizations and governmental agencies.
- Assist in organizing the Association’s sponsorship of educational programs that support young, beginning, small, women and minority producers.
- Build relationships and represent the Associations within the Farm Credit System.
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, or Finance; Agriculture-focused is preferred.
- 7 years of business development, lending, sales, and/or marketing with practical knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities for young, beginning, and small producers.
- Experience managing large-scale initiatives across teams, while nurturing positive relationships across an organization.