Farm Credit Services of America (FCSA) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Real Estate Appraiser to join our team that will service Northeast Iowa. This Real Estate appraiser will be responsible for real estate appraisals that focus on improved, or moderately complex to complex assignments. This role will complete real estate assignments over a broad geographic area, with an emphasis on appraisal production.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment and have a passion to serve customers and the communities in which they live.
- Gather and analyzes relevant information to produce credible appraisals, generally without subject property inspections. Responsible for data management including collection, verification and analysis of sales as well as maintaining other information required for the valuation process.
- Effectively uses technology and other information sources (GIS, customer, other on-line sources and Financial Officer) to gather and analyze information for real estate appraisal requests in lieu of physically inspecting most properties.
- Completes real estate appraisals while providing for a great customer experience. Focus on non-complex to complex appraisal assignments, generally without subject property inspections. Apply a differential approach to analysis and reporting. Appraisals must meet Uniform Standards of Professional Practice and FCSAmerica/Frontier standards.
- Review and finalize appraisals completed by non-certified appraisers, providing constructive feedback to develop their appraisal skills.
- Analyze and complete sales associated with appraisal requests. Ensures adequate sales data is analyzed to provide a reliable basis for appraisals, valuation systems and market zone ranges. Coordinates effort with the Appraisal Sales Specialists. Maintains adequate cost and income data. Effectively uses technology for data management.
- Maintains a visible presence with the regional teams providing market data support and valuation consulting.
- Collaborates effectively with appraisal team members to ensure seamless customer service. Includes providing backup for other appraisers.
- Consults with appraisal and regional team members, as well as customers, regarding appraisal issues and market trends.
- Qualified certified appraisers supervise/mentor non-certified appraisers review their appraisals and direct appraisal assignments to appropriate appraisers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to complete course work and hours necessary for the Certified Appraiser exam within 3 years, orhave already completed and hold the certification.
- Previous related experience in real estate appraisal preferred.