- This position will office in Stamford but the successful candidate may live in Abilene or any location between Stamford and Abilene.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Three or more years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience.
- Experience should include a broad understanding of lending regulations, credit operations, and credit practices.
- Concentrates primarily on generating new business and developing a loan portfolio either through the purchase of participation interests in eligible loans originated by others or through direct solicitation origination of eligible loans.
- Monitors business relationships and credit compliance of originated loans.
- Evaluates needs of potential clients and provides appropriate financial solutions.
- Ensures proper loan underwriting and structuring is achieved through enforcement of loan policies and that they are properly approved in accordance with loan authorities and in conjunction with the centralized underwriting units.
- Makes calls on important prospects to sell and service consumer and banking needs.
- Manages and monitors respective loan portfolio and status of all exceptions and past dues on business and consumer loans in accordance with loan policy working in conjunction with reports from the centralized underwriting units.
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing, including the resolution of service issues of clients.
- Monitors results versus objectives and recommends necessary strategic adjustments to ensure that objectives are reached.
- Serves as a member of various bank committees as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, public speaking, administrative and communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills to market credit services to eligible Farm Credit borrowers, evaluate financial statements as well as identify and implement corrective actions when needed.
- Knowledge of business practices in mortgage and commercial lending, including credit standards, real estate appraisal, internal controls, financial management, human resource management, public and member relations, and marketing techniques. Leadership, strategic planning and goal setting are required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Travel is required.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request