At CoBank the Senior Collateral Auditor/ Field Examiner initiates, organizes, and leads in pre-closing or follow-up collateral audits (field exams), and collateral audits for multi-bank loan syndications. Supports training of CoBank associates on borrowing base loan structures and asset based lending issues. Prepares collateral audit reports summarizing findings, including borrowing base reporting exceptions and suggestions for correction and/or improved loan structuring/documentation and reporting. Coordinates scheduling of on-site collateral audits with CoBank associates and third-party vendors, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the financial services or a related industry, including 5 or more years of field exam experience, or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Significant exposure to and knowledge of middle-market and large syndicated ($100 million+) borrowing base loan structures.
- Advanced knowledge of asset-based lending, syndicated credit arrangements, collateral audits (field exams), bank loan documentation practices and bank products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of loan workout issues including bankruptcy, troubled debt restructurings, and creditors’ rights.
- Knowledge of CoBank specific industries (particularly agribusiness); demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate key risks and long-term issues.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to apply and convey appropriate technical expertise.
- Ability and desire to share technical expertise in a training environment.
- Strong customer focus and ability to develop and maintains positive customer relationships.
- Highly proficient in the use of desktop tools and software for report presentations and consolidation/analysis of data, i.e. MS Word and Excel.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Extensive travel required (50-70%).
- Availability for work outside normal business hours.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.