FCC Services is looking for a Senior, Vice President, Risk Management & Insurance (RMIS) to lead the RMIS team and participate in strategic and operational decisions for the Company. This role is a member of the Executive Committee (EC) and reports to the President & CEO of FCC Services. This role has specific management responsibility for all Farm Credit System risk management and property and casualty insurance functions; the Farm Credit System Association Captive Insurance Company (serving as President and working closely with the Captive board); and all non-Farm Credit risk management business. This role is accountable for setting and achieving strategic objectives in the RMIS and the Captive, including setting and achieving financial objectives. This role will work with the other members of the FCC Services EC to establish and meet corporate-wide goals and objectives, establish appropriate and effective policies and procedures, and promote the Company’s values. The person in this role will participate in making strategic operating decisions that affect the Company.
- Direct and be accountable for the RMIS Division including the achievement of its strategic objectives and annual operating results. Supervise the RMIS staff in identifying, measuring and managing insurable risks, developing reports and plans, and analyzing risk/insurance problems and successes for the Farm Credit System and the Farm Credit System Association Captive Insurance Company (Captive).
- Provide management and direction to the Captive insurance Company and oversee the RMIS team in doing the same. Plan and facilitate board meetings and be accountable to and support the Captive’s board and its standing committees. Ensure the Captive complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Directly supervise the RMIS Department’s Vice President and Directors in the completion of their responsibilities.
- Direct and be accountable for other risk management business opportunities as they arise (such as distinct reinsurance or insurance program operations) including the achievement of strategic objectives and annual operating results.
- Attend board meetings and present information regarding the RMIS Department to assist the board in setting strategic direction and evaluating the progress of the Company.
- Attend EC meetings including surfacing appropriate agenda items, participating in discussions, and making decisions that affect the entire Company. Actively participate with other EC members to establish strategic objectives and accomplish annual operating results.
- Participate in the Company’s planning meetings and development and execution of corporate initiatives including acting as sponsor for, or participating in, Company initiatives as assigned.
- Provide technical and professional expertise, advice, and coaching to staff members in risk management, insurance, and other related matters.
- Develop long- and short-range plans for RMIS, Harvest Re and the Captive.
- Interface with C-suite executives across the Farm Credit System and other clients to develop mutually rewarding programs and resolve customer issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for placing the Farm Credit System’s insurance coverage in the insurance marketplace and interface with senior executives in the insurance companies and broker agencies we work with.
- Manage revenue and expenses of the RMIS Department, the Captive, and other business units in accordance with operating plans and budgets. Direct the preparation of budgets and projections for RMIS, Harvest Re and the Captive.
- Oversees the management of the Farm Credit claims operation.
- Provide leadership, support, encouragement, coaching, and accountability to all RMIS staff. Complete performance reviews and establish goals and objectives in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or as responsibilities necessitate and participate in Company-wide teams and committees as requested.
- Fifteen-plus years in broad-based insurance and risk management operations including, but not limited to, placement of insurance, review and negotiating policy language and terms, managing intermediaries and other related functions.
- Understanding Captive insurance company formation and operation.
- Experience reporting to, and interacting with, a board of directors.
- Strategic management experience and profit-and-loss responsibility for an organization or a major division thereof.
- Highly preferred knowledge and understanding of the Farm Credit System
- Ability to analyze data and clearly articulate and translate same into business analysis report/graphics demonstrating claims trends and developments.
- Experience with presenting analytical information to senior leadership and C-Suite audiences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for working with employees at all levels of the Company and clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate with senior and executive leadership.
- Ability to act as a trusted, strategic advisor.
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure and adjust to changing priorities.
- Able to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Able to maintain a consistently high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast paced, service-focused environment.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment while also able to work independently.
- Work in a collaborative environment with interruptions, distractions and multiple deadlines
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to ten-plus times annually
- Ability to manage adversarial claims situations diplomatically while maintaining boundaries
An Overview of FCC Services. Our Expertise. Our Services.
Our vision is simple yet bold—we empower organizations to be more. We are a business services and consulting firm specializing in leadership development, talent selection, risk management, insurance management, and claims administration.
Since 1975, FCC Services has worked with the Farm Credit System, cooperatives and self-insured public entities to help them achieve organizational and operational excellence by helping them manage their risks.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with approximately 50 employees, FCC Services is proud to serve a variety of clients across the US.
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs and conferences enables us to create enriching business solutions and help organizations to Be More.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- 9-12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Casual Dress Code
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to human.resources@FCCServices.com.
FCC Services is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).