Are you a tech enthusiast with a passion for helping others resolve their technology-related issues? Are you eager to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced IT environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to kickstart your career as a Service Desk Intern.
At GreenStone Farm Credit Services, we take pride in delivering exceptional IT support to our employees, and we're seeking a dedicated intern to join our Service Desk team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in ensuring the smooth operation of our IT services and providing high-quality technical support to our staff.
This is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $19/hour.
Duration: May 2024- August 2024
Hours: Enjoy a consistent schedule of 8am-4:30pm, Monday – Friday, providing you with a stable work-life balance.
Location: Based in our East Lansing, MI office, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the local community while being an integral part of our organization.
What You'll Gain by becoming at GreenStone Intern:
- Hands-on experience in the agricultural finance industry.
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the field.
- The chance to work on meaningful projects that make a difference in rural communities.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals.
- A dynamic and supportive work environment.
Get to know GreenStone
Our $13 billion portfolio of customers, ranging from rural homeowners to global agriculture and food businesses, provides our employees with a unique opportunity to maintain a local presence while working for a top workplace. Our diverse business structure provides exciting opportunities for passionate, talented professionals in many areas. Additionally, many of our team members are highly respected in their area of expertise at both the state and national level making GreenStone one of the top Farm Credit associations in the country.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Desk Intern:
- Daily Operations: Assist in the daily operation of the Service Desk support, ensuring the needs of over 600 employees are met efficiently and professionally.
- Technical User Support: Provide technical user support in various areas, including hardware, software, networking, security, and maintenance, resolving issues promptly.
- Service Excellence: Strive to ensure that all user support calls are fulfilled with the highest level of technological support services, exceeding user expectations.
- Issue Documentation: Carefully document all reported issues and the corresponding troubleshooting activities, maintaining a comprehensive record of incidents.
- Team Collaboration: Support the Service Desk team by assisting other functional roles as needed or assigned, fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in an IT related field.
- Sophomore status or above in your academic program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
Don't miss the chance to kickstart your career with an internship with GreenStone Farm Credit Services. Apply today and be a part of our mission to support agriculture and rural communities!
GreenStone Farm Credit Services is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity regulations. We conduct all personnel decisions and processes relating to our employees and job applicants in an environment free of discrimination and harassment.