Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are hiring an SVP of Commercial Credit - Grain/Agribusiness to join our team. In this role, you will provide strategic credit leadership and direction for the Associations’ Commercial Lending portfolio, underwriting, analysis and decisioning of large, complex, and/or multiple entity loans within the Commercial Credit portfolio segments, including multi-lender and syndicated credit facilities. Manage the credit approval processes, to include decisions on commercial and/or large producer loans within the Associations’ delegated authority and coordinate approvals and submission to Association Loan Committee on loans exceeding authorities. Responsible for industry due diligence activities, recommending changes to lending standards, and managing the portfolio for key industries served by the Commercial Lending Team.
- Manage the credit analysis and approval processes for the Commercial Lending portfolio of accounts related to assigned industry to include originations and participations purchased within the Commercial Lending portfolio within the assigned industries. Lead and support the Associations’ credit philosophy and risk appetite for assigned industries and portfolios
- Provide leadership, coaching, and training to team members to ensure the extension of sound credit through loan structuring parameters, loan agreement covenants, collateral position and loan monitoring. Responsible for leading the underwriting activities within the Commercial Lending portfolio and participations originated by the Corporate Lending Teams.
- Lead the Associations’ due diligence and front-end guidance activities for selected enterprises, including monitoring and reporting on industry and enterprise concentrations of credit risk; communication of industry information; recommending adjustments to credit standards, lending programs, and procedures; and presenting training programs specific for that industry to Associations’ staff, and external audiences, as requested.
- Establish a positive, participative, and collaborative team environment that inspires creative, high-performing, continuous learning, and engaged team members.
- Complete and/or recommend salary administration for team members in accordance with Association procedures.
- Develop and monitor the business plan and annual operating budgets related to areas of responsibilities. Review and approve operational expenditures within delegated authority.
- Serve as a Senior Leader representing the organization and senior leadership with internal and external audiences including providing cross-operational strategic input and direction.
- 4 year/Bachelor’s Degree – Graduate Degree (preferred)
- 8 Years of Commercial and/or agribusiness lending and credit administration with large and complex loans and/or loan participations.
- 20% Travel may be required
- Proficiency in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Edge.