AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $37 billion company into the future. If you are looking to fuel your professional development and gain exposure in the field of Information Technology apply today!
The Systems Admin responsible for providing senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise’s infrastructure design, implementation, and support. This may include data storage, replication, data networking, and recovery capabilities. Assists in the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems and applications across the enterprise. Reviews, advises, and designs standard software and hardware builds, system options, risks, and impact on the enterprise business process and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a technical resource on AgFirst systems and all supporting systems
• Provide on-call support in support of Bank projects and operations
• Provide architecture input on assigned AgFirst projects serving as subject matter expert and ensure established standards and guidelines are followed
• Serve as 2nd and 3rd level technical support on issues related to infrastructure and other issues requiring senior level support as escalated via support teams
• Develop and Document architecture standards and guidelines as it pertains to infrastructure systems and environment
• As needed, provide direction for data center installations or updates
• Mentor junior and mid-level technicians by assisting in the training development and coaching on infrastructure related task and responsibilities
• Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
• Eight to 10 years of IT work experience in infrastructure/systems environments performing system planning, architecture design, engineering (hardware and software) and optimization
• Preferred: Dell/EMC certification on VMAX or Pure Storage, Isilon, Data Domain, or Avamar. CommVault Certified Profession
• Strong background with VMware including vCenter and SRM
• Proficient with Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server, TCP/IP addressing, etc.
• Technical knowledge of client operating systems such as Windows Server 2016 and 2019
• Excellent oral and written communication skills