GreenStone Farm Credit Services is an $8.5 billion financial services institution with 550 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
The purpose of this position is to deliver outstanding service, which exceeds customers’ expectations. The incumbent is responsible for providing timely and accurate farm records to customers, including on-farm accounting services. The position will be responsible for completing all activities related to payroll processing. The incumbent will potentially assist with the completion of individual, partnership, or business tax returns or other activities related to these returns.
- Provide Client bookkeeping services, in-office or at farm site.
- Process payroll and payroll liability payments.
- Process Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactions.
- Prepare and oversee Client’s business budget.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end Financial Statements.
- Provide user support for purchased accounting software packages.
- Provide tax preparation support and maintain Client tax files.
- Track time and invoice for services rendered.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Schedule appointments and meeting rooms.
- Set up and maintain contact record for prospects and customers using Microsoft CRM.
- Maintain integrity of database program and generate reports.
- High school degree or equivalent required. Associates degree in accounting, business administration or related field is desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an office environment.
- Basic knowledge of tax, accounting and payroll procedures is required.
- Must demonstrate organizational skills with solid oral and written communication skills.
- Moderate level of knowledge working with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Knowledge of accounting software applications.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
GreenStone has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan – up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
- $100/year Logo Wear allowance
- $400/year Computer Subsidy/Reimbursement
- $400/year Wellness Subsidy/Reimbursement & wellness programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
*** Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter