This position assists Tax and Accounting with operational tasks that provide clients with information for credit, accounting, tax and management decisions.
- Processes W-2’s, 1099’s, eFile and Coalation.
- Processes, prints and mails client W-2’s and 1099 forms.
- Schedules tax planning and preparation appointments, as requested.
- Ensures tax service fees are uploaded into system.
- Updates tax database as necessary.
- Completes various tax mailings including large mass mailings for tax planning and year end as necessary.
- Provides accurate and timely accounting and tax processing support.
- Maintains tracking system and adheres to department policies, procedures and best practices to balance the workload and meet aggressive timeliness.
- Maintains a working knowledge of tax and accounting products and services to the extent that client calls or questions can be directed to the appropriate tax consultant or accounting specialist.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree in business administration, accounting or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in accounting or tax in a financial institution.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications and customer relationship management (CRM) programs.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license.
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
- Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.