GreenStone Farm Credit Services is over an $10 billion financial services institution with over 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
We are looking for an Intern in our Bay City, MI branch during the Tax Season. The Internship will run from December 2020 through April 15th, 2021. Some travel will be required.
- Assist staff in processing year end accounting information.
- Prepare payroll tax reports, coordinate workload to meet deadlines
- Prepare business and individual W-2, 1099, and other miscellaneous tax forms.
- Provide support to the Senior Tax Accountant with data entry for income tax returns.
- Provide basic individual tax support and preparation depending on experience/education.
- Assist staff to ensure customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure that the Tax Return final product is assembled according to the GreenStone completion process.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Sophomore Status or above
- 3.00 GPA is required
- Interest in Tax preparation
- Interest or experience working in the agricultural sector