This position will learn and develop an understanding of tax return preparation, accounting processing, and consulting services for our clients. Interns will experience the culture of an agricultural tax and accounting firm in a fun, educational and challenging environment which could lead to the possibility of future full-time opportunities.
Tax and Accounting Interns will work 24 (or more) hours a week, beginning mid-December and ending in April. More details regarding the training and schedule will be provided at the time of an interview.
- Assist Tax C onsultants with input of client financial information for annual payroll filings, monthly accounting and federal & state tax returns.
- Work collaboratively side by side with a team of CPAs, EAs, and tax/accounting professionals to produce quality financial products and services for our agricultural producers.
- Develop farm tax knowledge specific to the agricultural industry.
- Provide administrative support such as organizing documents, scanning, printing and mailing.
- Pursuing an associate or bachelor's degree in accounting, agriculture business, business administration, economics or finance.
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural operations is a plus, but not required.
- Skills in using Microsoft technologies including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail to produce highly precise and accurate work.
- Oral and written co mmunication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with department members.
- Ability and willingness to learn Adobe and other technology.
- Self-motivated individual driven to learn and grow.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members’ education, growth and development.
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.