Grand Forks, Cavalier, Langdon, Devils Lake or Grafton office
October 12, 2021
October 31, 2021
- Provide quality customer service and advice. Complete timely and technically accurate, small to moderately complex income tax returns and other related activities for all types of farm entities. Activities include interviews, amendments, audits, tax planning, and simple to moderately complex business transition services. Examine accounts and records and compute taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations. Advise customers regarding the effects of business activities on taxes and on strategies for minimizing tax liability. Ensure customers comply with periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other tax authority requirements when applicable. Maintain effective, responsive, and courteous communication with customers to encourage feedback on the quality of products and services and ensure effective follow-up on leads.
- Team with loan officers to market our integrated package of financial services to new and existing customers, specializing in tax.
- Provide technical expertise and support to branch staff in areas of tax processing, regulations, and interpretation. Enhance branch and department operations through effective communications regarding customer relations and other issues that arise.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge in the areas of tax and accounting. Work with the AgCountry Education Department to expand knowledge and skills in other areas also, such as technology, sales and marketing techniques, all AgCountry products and services, and the agricultural industry.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field.
- Two to five years of related experience.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Agricultural background or Farm tax preparation experience.
- CPA/EA certification.