Valley City or Jamestown
July 21, 2021
August 22, 2021
- Provide quality customer service and advice. Complete timely and technically accurate, small to moderately complex income tax returns and other related activities for all types of farm entities. Activities include interviews, amendments, audits, tax planning, and simple to moderately complex business transition services. Examine accounts and records and compute taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations. Advise customers regarding the effects of business activities on taxes and on strategies for minimizing tax liability. Ensure customers comply with periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other tax authority requirements when applicable. Maintain effective, responsive, and courteous communication with customers to encourage feedback on the quality of products and services and ensure effective follow-up on leads.
- Using a consultative sales method, team with the loan officer to sell the AgCountry integrated package of financial services – specializing in tax – to new and existing customers. Participate in branch and department marketing and business plans that summarize opportunities, threats and needed resources. Team with the loan officers to develop prospect lists, contact prospects and meet new client sales goals. Participate in individual and group customer and prospect meetings. Develop and maintain documented strategies for large, complex accounts in order to deliver outstanding products and service to retain accounts. Establish networking relationships with individuals in the business and agricultural communities. Maintain sales and marketing competence by participating in AgCountry sales and development training programs.
- Provide technical expertise and support to branch staff in areas of tax processing, regulations, and interpretation. Enhance branch and department operations through effective communications regarding customer relations and other issues that arise.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge in the areas of tax and accounting. Work with the AgCountry Education Department to expand knowledge and skills in other areas also, such as technology, sales and marketing techniques, all AgCountry products and services, and the agricultural industry.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field.
- Two to five years of related experience.
- Successful completion of AgCountry’s tax certification.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of tax and farm records products and services.
- Agricultural background or Farm tax preparation experience.
- CPA/EA certification.