The individual will successfully lead a team of crop insurance sales specialists within two to five offices in the marketplace. The leader selects, trains, motivates, evaluates, and compensates team members, while providing consistent coaching, mentoring, knowledge building, and general assistance to the assigned team. The incumbent is also responsible for their own sales book of business. The individual maintains in-depth knowledge of crop insurance products and risk management strategies.
- Responsible for selecting, developing, motivating, engaging, educating, evaluating and compensating direct reports within the insurance sales team. Provides coaching and accompanies team members on insurance sales calls, periodically, to offer support and expertise. Assists with training to new hires and existing sales team to ensure team is prepared to sell and service policies in an effective and professional manner.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of crop insurance products available through Compeer Financial and all related FCS eligibility regulations. Remains current on product details and program changes. Effectively communicates the risk management strategies that can be achieved with these products that meet client needs
- Provides responsive and professional timely sales and services to clients.
- Responsible for sales of crop insurance to existing and new clients.
- Assists in developing annual sales goals and plans for the marketplace in conjunction with Compeer Leadership team. Works with agents to analyze marketplace data to create and execute the sales plan. Leads marketplace insurance meetings and participates in focus group meetings for state insurance sales managers.
- Collaborates with the insurance operations team to ensure information on sales and servicing is reported accurately and timely to Insurance Companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years related work experience in the crop insurance field or equivalent.
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of crop insurance programs and information, grain marketing, finance and macroeconomics.
- Advanced customer service, communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to handle complicated situations appropriately and work under pressure with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex risk management strategies to clients/prospects.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and internal applications/programs.
- Insurance License and Risk management Agency (RMA) certification as a crop insurance agent required (or ability to obtain).
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
- Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.