At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
The Vice President Agribusiness is primarily responsible for business development, maintaining customer relationships, loan structuring and ongoing maintenance of complex, Agribusiness commercial accounts in an identified industry. The financial needs of our Agribusiness customers are typically complex and may include credit needs in excess of $4 million, and may be a combination of direct and purchased loans. Our customers are typically organizations that have $10 - $100 million or more in sales, multiple locations, and/or have regional or national business.
Covering the entire region of Indiana
The Vice President Agribusiness:
- Develops an in-depth understanding of a specific industry along with the specific needs of a customer or prospect in order to provide innovative, customer-centric products and services to meet the needs of these accounts.
- Analyzes complex financial information to make credit recommendations and provide credit packages and services, in conjunction with the Agribusiness Credit Analyst, to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of the customer.
- Meets marketing and servicing goals, as well as quality and customer experience standards.
- Works in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Helps provide company, state and national level leadership complementary to Farm Credit Mid-America, strategic objectives and purpose and values in, marketing, thought-leadership and political influence.
- Serves as a role model and support for other team members on the Agribusiness team and in the association, VP will be the “face of the industry” for Farm Credit Mid-America.
SALES and RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The VP Agribusiness will coordinate with internal and external resources to identify new customers, provide high quality customer service, and share appropriate industry-focused information to help the association and its customers achieve desired results. The VP of Agribusiness will meet annual sales goals and grow customer confidence by:
- Developing and maintaining a significant professional presence throughout the assigned industry, by focusing time on visits with influencers and current or prospective customers.
- Building a mutually trusting and respectful relationship with customers that reflect expertise and value by understanding their goals, credit strengths and weaknesses, and deliver constructive agricultural and financial information that will assist them in their business.
- Responsible for focusing on profitability and growth of the total customer relationship.
- Executing a comprehensive calling plan designed to increase the Association’s market share for specific industry by anticipating customer needs.
- Marketing credit and related services directly to customers in identified territory or industry.
- Originating, structuring, making credit recommendations for and closing on commercial agribusiness accounts.
- Maintaining a high level of presence and contact with prospective customers, influencers, and decision-makers by attending industry-specific events, conferences, meetings, clubs, peer-groups, and other venues where the VP will be recognized and building relationships.
DELIVER SOUND CREDIT: As part of the ongoing consultative relationship with our customers, the VP Agribusiness will, in concert with the Agribusiness Credit Analyst, work to deliver sound credit applicants and decisions in alignment with the Association’s desired goals and risk profile by:
- Performing comprehensive due diligence on prospects by asking in-depth and detailed questions, in order to get a firm understanding of the customers position and needs.
- Interpreting and evaluating financial information and asking follow-up and probing questions to determine the appropriate product or service.
- Approving loans within delegated authority and working with the Agribusiness Credit Analyst to make quality credit decisions consistent with the request and associated loan risks.
- Coordinating, communicating and driving implementation of consistent interpretation of Association and division credit philosophy.
- Setting clear expectations with the customer.
SERVICE PORTFOLIO: To minimize association risk and losses, the VP Agribusiness will, in concert with Agribusiness Credit Analyst, monitor his or her assigned agribusiness portfolio and:
- Timely identify and service loans that expose the association to risk.
- Monitor loan performance after the closing of the loan. Using his/her knowledge of servicing options, the VP Agribusiness will effectively negotiate and communicate these options to the customer.
- Communicate corrective action to identified covenant and policy violations.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Administration, Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Production or a closely related field. Six years of progressively responsible agricultural credit experience involving the marketing and extension of credit to Agribusinesses and/or large, complex farm accounts.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
Farm Credit Mid-America has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
- Fitness Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.