Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial is looking to hire a proactive, independent, driven, and enthusiastic leader with a passion for risk management. The Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management is part of the Senior Leadership Team and directs the enterprise risk management function and portfolio management functions for FCS Financial. This includes enterprise-wide risk monitoring, management, mitigation and risk reporting and processes. As the leader of the Enterprise Risk Management function, this individual works closely with the Management Risk Committee, and Senior and Executive Leadership Teams, and Board of Directors to provide strategic leadership by developing, executing and communicating enterprise risk aspects of association operations. This position requires experience in enterprise risk management, credit risk, and portfolio management. Working knowledge of state, federal and FCA regulations is preferred.
Preferred office location for this position is Jefferson City, MO.
All other office locations (Cameron, Chillicothe, Columbia, Farmington, Hannibal, Harrisonville, Higginsville, Joplin, Lebanon, Macon, Maryville, Mexico, Nevada, O’Fallon, Sedalia, Springfield, St. Joseph, Union, and West Plains) will be considered based on the candidates’ qualifications and needs.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is open until filled.
Department: Risk Management
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Supervises: Enterprise Risk Management and Portfolio Management functions.
Percentage Job Functions
40% Enterprise Risk Monitoring, Management, Mitigation
- Develops and maintains various aspects and attributes of the association ERM framework
- Engages department leaders in prioritizing and establishing risk-balanced processes, thresholds and parameters for business operations
- Incorporates input from multiple stakeholders (Board, Management, AgriBank, FCA) to conduct risk assessments, and establish risk appetite targets and parameters in the Risk Dashboards
- Assembles and communicates portfolio management and monitoring reports that impact the ERM framework
- Creates, modifies, maintains and enforces Association CROPS procedures
40% Risk Reporting and Processes
- Determines appropriate ERM reporting practices and processes, including but not limited to: Risk Dashboards, Risk Appetite Statement, Stress Testing Analysis, Underwriting Exception Analysis, portfolio segment analysis (OTS, CMG, new FLCA originations)
- Develops and analyzes other loan portfolio risk reporting to provide for the needs of the Association
- Determines and implements the scope of risk monitoring and analysis activities including appropriate portfolio hold limit guidance, and other portfolio management processes
- Develops, communicates, edits, and implements procedures to address ERM and other risk procedures and internal controls, including those as documented in the Credit and Operations Procedure (CROPs) manual
- Monitors association loan portfolio delinquency status to ensure the assignment of proper loan performance status; also to monitor loan portfolio for appropriate risk and regulatory coding characteristics
15% Strategic and Staff Leadership
- Works with the Management Risk Committee, Senior and Executive Leadership Teams, and Board of Directors in developing, executing and communicating strategic plans, with a focus on ERM aspects of association operations
- Selects, develops, motivates and evaluates a diverse team of portfolio/risk management professionals; establishes performance standards and measures employee performance against standards
- Serves as the association’s primary contact person with the Farm Service Agency (FSA) in coordinating and collaborating on FSA loan guarantee programs
- Works in conjunction with the CRO to ensure regulatory relationship with FCA maintains compliance with reporting and regulatory requirements, and with AgriBank for wholesale loan compliance
5% Business Plan Development and Analysis
- Identifies risks and business opportunities that impact the pursuit of business plan goals
n/a Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
* Essential Functions for this position consist of all items listed under any category that make up 5% or more of the job duties. This job description is subject to change without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or a related field
- 7 years of experience in enterprise risk management, auditing, credit underwriting/analysis, portfolio management, or a closely related function
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of the operations of a financial institution
- Working knowledge of FCA regulations
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations
- Expert knowledge of the principles of credit administration
- Working knowledge of the principles of internal controls, audit and review
- Expert knowledge of loan analysis and credit underwriting standards
- General knowledge of the agricultural industry
- Skill in exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
- Skill in making sound decisions based on analysis, discussion, experience and judgment
- Skill in selecting, evaluating, and engaging team members.
- Skill in anticipating emerging and future trends accurately based on broad knowledge and perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization including with the board.
- Skill in communicating a vision and providing motivation and direction to team members
- Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Skill in working collaboratively.
- Skill in balancing multiple priorities.
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
Scope of Responsibilities:
Supervision: 2-5 direct reports
Institution Size: $4.5 Billion Owned and Managed Assets