Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are looking for a VP Applications Development to join our Business Technology team. We are looking for a leader who will directly lead one of our seven cross functional development teams with 7-10 teammates. The team will be made up of a mix of business analysts, lead developers, and developers. Leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework this role will lead the delivery of innovative technology solutions in partnership with product management, architecture, and other technology and business teammates. This leader will build a high performing team, mentoring teammates and collaborating with peers to create engaging developer experiences and best-in-class solutions that enable customer and teammate success.
- Partner with business owners and technology architecture to deliver solutions for technology and business needs
- Create technology evolution without impacting business priorities
- Create adoption roadmaps and plans that enable teams to understand technology landscape and evolution
- Champion technology enablement through the creation and facilitation of informal and formal technology education initiatives
- Serves as a technical product manager when necessary, providing the team direction on features and requirements to meet the needs of the technology initiatives
- Responsible for leading the delivery of assigned projects though:
- Lead, facilitate, and communicate iterative team actives for understanding project/product vision and milestones, establishing and leading team retrospection and learning, and product / project development through platform configuration or custom software development.
- Ensuring work aligns to established scope or desired outcomes. Collaborate and coordinate with other business and technology leaders and architecture roles to ensure work is sequenced and scoped appropriately for desired outcomes
- Resolving project impediments and team issues in collaboration with leadership and other technology and business teams
- Advising in the prioritization of features as needed
- Facilitating release planning
- Set and track metrics to measure team performance. Reporting project updates and metrics at established intervals.
- Serve as a technical champion within Information Technology by:
- Guiding teams on pragmatic practices and adoption of agreed upon architecture decisions in collaboration with solutions and platform architecture guidance.
- Remain up to date on current initiatives, technical strategies and product roadmaps to provide appropriate direction and insight into work across the organization
- Raising technical impediments to leadership and architecture for prioritization
- Facilitating technical feature estimation, return-on-investment calculations, and total cost of ownership estimates and tracking.
- Effective resource planning and product/project reporting through:
- Creating resource plans based on scope of projects and investment goals
- Identify, predict, plan, and coordinate specialized role involvement when appropriate
- Participate in the development of IT initiatives and improvement activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in agile/lean project management
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in delivering technology solutions
- Knowledge of customer service philosophies and the role of information management; computer hardware, software, languages, environments and related matters. Detailed knowledge of Internet/Intranet and client-server products and related terminology.