We are looking for a talented VP Credit or Credit Officer to join the Agribusiness Capital Underwriting Team. This role will work primarily with loans developed by the Agribusiness Capital and Retail Commercial Lending teams for Farm Credit Services of America and Frontier Farm Credit.
Analysts are specialized by industry in underwriting and servicing large and often complex loans to agribusinesses, rural and utilities and integrated agricultural producers. These animal agriculture portfolios will primarily focus in Dairy, Beef, Swine, or Poultry originated loans and loans entered through participations and syndications. Analysts work in a team environment to jointly serve the needs of our customers.
The Agribusiness Capital team offers the expertise and financial strength to finance those who process the products of agriculture as well as those who grow them. Our customers range from the large-scale individual producers to national corporate enterprises through most every facet of the food chain, fiber production and rural utilities. Agribusiness gross commitments have grown from $6.7 billion in 2010 to over $17 billion in 2020.
- Responsible for underwriting activities within the respective portfolio. Conduct analysis of loan and lease requests including an evaluation of character, financial position and progress, repayment ability, collateral and conditions of approval. Assure adequate information is available to make the decision.
- Analyze customer financial statements; which may include balance sheets, trend analysis, income statements, cash flows, collateral analysis, performance, reconciliations, credit bureau reports, and commodity brokerage statements.
- Conduct a differential level of analysis appropriate for the risk presented by the type and size of loan request.
- Participate in consensus decision making on credit requests within delegated authorities or recommend actions requiring higher delegated authority.
- Establish and maintain sound credit administration. Adhere to the Associations’ credit philosophy, procedures and guidelines. Complete documentation to support decisions made. Establish appropriate loan terms and conditions to manage loan risk.
- Coordinate and prioritize work to support teammates and provide a positive customer experience. May direct or coordinate the work of others (Credit Operations Team, Loan Monitoring Analyst, Loan Closers, etc.).
- 5-10 years lending/credit analysis experience
- Solid understanding of credit management techniques, credit administration, and loan servicing
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance or other related degree preferred
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers and ranchers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.