WASHINGTON, D.C. – Farm Credit and Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS) are excited to announce the winners of the 2021 Farm Credit/MANRRS VIP Scholarship. This competitive academic scholarship provides special programming for outstanding MANRRS students who have expressed an interest in Farm Credit.
Scholarship recipients receive a $1,000 academic scholarship and the opportunity to participate in the Farm Credit VIP Track of the 2021 National MANRRS Conference.
The VIP Track provides the scholars with meaningful interactions with Farm Credit leadership. It also exposes students to information about careers at Farm Credit in fields including finance, credit, capital markets, informational technology, marketing, etc. Students benefit from leadership development and training to better prepare them to find and succeed in a career in the agriculture industry.
The 2021 VIP Scholars are as follows:
- Nurudeen Taofeek - Huntsville, Alabama
- Nicole Ng - San Jose, California
- Jieli Wegerif - Gainesville, Florida
- Hannah Talton - Gainesville, Florida
- Isa Salaam - Tallahassee, Florida
- Kayla Braggs - Tallahassee, Florida
- Brianna Lambert - Tallahassee, Florida
- Jabria Bell- McDonough, Georgia
- Ashli Jones - Stockbridge, Georgia
- Vanessa Cahill - Chicago, Illinois
- Angel Stewart - Ames, Iowa
- McKenzie Stevens - Manhattan, Kansas
- Shymel Townes - Manhattan, Kansas
- Maya Horvath - Lexington, Kentucky
- Harrison Goode - Lexington, Kentucky
- Kenndall Bennett - Zachary, Louisiana
- Trinity Gourdin - Ft. Washington, Maryland
- Elizabeth Gbogi - East Lansing, Michigan
- Tiana Thomas - Roselle, New Jersey
- Tahirah Jones - Greensboro, North Carolina
- ShaQuita Whiting - Greensboro, North Carolina
- Nicole McMullen - Holland, Ohio
- Cierra Woods - Columbia, South Carolina
- Anjel Iriaghomo- Seneca, South Carolina
- Daiva Wilson - Antioch, Tennessee
- Legna Soto - Knoxville, Tennessee
- Skye Green - Nashville, Tennessee
- Jourdon Huntley - Nashville, Tennessee
- Leonardo Orozco - Pullman, Washington
- Robin Javid - Seattle, Washington
About Farm Credit: Farm Credit supports rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services, today and tomorrow. It has been fulfilling its mission of helping rural America grow and thrive for more than a century with the capital necessary to make businesses successful and by financing vital infrastructure and communication services.
About Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Science (MANRRS): Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, MANRRS promotes academic and professional advancement by empowering minorities in agriculture, natural resources and related sciences. It is our goal to provide the student members (junior high school through doctoral programs) of our organization with the support to become productive citizens by engaging them in leadership development activities, educational opportunities, job readiness training, and facilitating internship placement and permanent employment, with special emphasis on agriculture, natural resources, and related sciences. MANRRS encourages and promotes Agriculture, Natural Resources, and related STEM programs in an effort to interest and attract underrepresented students and professionals into pursuing educational and career opportunities in these respective areas.